[Soc-coordination] Status Report of ZFS on Linux Integration, Week 8

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Mon Aug 26 18:34:05 UTC 2013

[Aron Xu]
> I haven't managed to get it yet, because it looks like that d-i goes
> into an infinite loop and I cannot log in to a console because they
> are continuously being refreshed. :( I wonder whether there is any
> keyboard shortcut to break d-i from that status?

Are you using the graphical installer?  If not, I suspect Ctrl-S and
Ctrl-Q will help a bit.  I've had similar problems after feeding
cdebconf with some bogus values, causing cdebconf to crash and d-i
restarts the menu when it dies.

I believe you can stop the loop with ctrl-S, visit tty2 (Alt-F2), press
enter, press ctrl-q to "release d-i" to get the shell on tty2, press
ctrl-s to stop the looping again, and then use the shell in tty2 to
investigate.  Been a while since I had to investigate such problems.
Running the installer with debconf debugging enabled (boot with
DEBCONF_DEBUG=developer) might pinpoint exactly when cdebconf get
confused.

Ping me on #debian-boot if you need help with this.

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen