[Soc-coordination] Report week 11, Redesign metapackage creation for Debian Blend

Emmanouil Kiagias e.kiagias at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 20:45:58 UTC 2013

Hello,

This week:

This week I cleaned up a little more the code. I made some slight changes
in devtools/Makefile regarding the way the automatic changelog entry is
performed(no flag like * start/ * end are needed anymore in the changelog,
also skip the changelogentry rule for new Blends which have only one
release available).

One issue was not resolved until this week (to be honest I forgot to
resolve it earlier) and it was about two files
packages.txt,avoidpackages.txt generated by the current blend-gen-control.
These files are used from the debian-edu people so I asked[0] in the
corresponding mailing list if they still need/use them so I would include
them in the new implementation. The answer was yes so the new features in
the sec-blend-gen-control are:

* print_all_packages() is available through -a <arch> argument (for a
specific arch) , if "tasks.ctl" file exists then it loads the task
priorities from there(I imitated the current implementation)

* print_excluded_packages() is available through -e argument

Having the above functions sec-blend-gen-control fully covers all the
current's blend-gen-control functionality.

Next week:

I will test the generated packages.txt/avoidpackages.txt to verify that
they contain the correct packages and compare them to the current
blends-dev files. Finalize the devtools/Makefile and fully test the new
blends-dev.

Kind regards

Emmanouil

[0]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-edu/2013/08/msg00261.html ,