[Soc-coordination] GSoC Mentors: GSoC Mentor Summit 2013

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Jul 3 10:40:11 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 03, 2013 at 10:57:23AM +0200, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
> Le 03/07/2013 10:54, Daniel Pocock a écrit :
> > The wiki also mentions a travel expense limit of $2,200 - it's not clear
> > whether that is per person or if that is the total that Sylvestre and I
> > both have to work within.  As we are both coming from Europe, I imagine
> > we would spend $1,000 each on flights unless we find some promotional
> > prices.  The hotel appears to be $109 per person, per night, they pay a
> > maximum of 2 nights.  Google expects us to pay 50% of that personally if
> > we bring our partners (which may be the case for me).  That means we
> > have to spend less than $900 each on the flights if it is just $2,200
> > max for Debian.
> >
> The hotel is paid directly by Google. The $2200 are just for the plane.

To be clear, that's the total travel budget for both of you (so
essentially work on your personal budget being US$1100 if you're both
coming from Europe).

You won't have time during the summit weekend to go and meet other
Debian people around the valley area (or if you do, you'll be missing
the reason you're there), but there's usually a number of debian folk
at the summit via other orgs - I've been several times myself, but
never actually for Debian.

Cheers,
    Olly