[Soc-coordination] Leiningen & Clojure packaging - Report 1

Eugenio Cano-Manuel Mendoza eugeniocanom at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 13:49:25 UTC 2013

Hi all,

For this week we have accomplished:

*Improve lein xml by using clojure.data.xml instead of printing raw xml
strings.
*Refactored lein_makepkg (more info [1]). Summary: Heavy modularization
which ended up improving code readability, flexibility, and unit-testing.
*Added support for configuration files using python's configparser.
*Make our debhelper sequence depend on javahelper by removing duplicates
and hooking onto javahelper[2].
*Packaged clojure.data.xml. It's already on mentors waiting for review.

*What I'm currently working on:*
*Writing tests for the new classes.
*Trying to see if it's necessary to implement a context manager.

*What I'll be doing next week:*
*Finish refactoring by also separating the logic that writes to templates.
*I'm still left with improving file handling.
*Package clojurehelper.
*Package core.cache.
*I also want to create more tests since some problems are not being caught.

As you can see this week went as planned by report 1. I didn't expect to
package clojure.data.xml but I think it served double purpose: Shorten the
list of dependencies we have to package and also learn =).

Please reply if you have any questions or feedback.

Cheers,
Eugenio

[1]
http://eugecm.wordpress.com/2013/07/04/new-components-hopefully-for-the-best/