[Soc-coordination] Status report, week 5 - Enabling free multimedia real-time communications (RTC) with Debian

Catalin Usurelu catalin.usurelu5 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 09:22:26 UTC 2013

Hi,

Sorry for the last mail, this is the fifth week, not fourth:)

What I've done this week:
- Finished the patch forfor binding the WebAdmin and CommandServer
listeners to specific IP addresses to repro[0].
- During work on that patch I observed some port in use errors when
listening to both INADDR_ANY and in6addr_any. This was related
to IPv4-to-IPv6 mapping and I fixed it by activating the necessary
socket option IPV6_V6ONLY to disable this behavior.
I also started adding some features to reConServer (repository on
github[1]):
- reConServer used command options for it's startup, now I added support
for reading options from a configuration file.
- Added support for daemonizing reConServer.

For next week I will continue with some of what I planed this week,
continue working on reConServer and, of course, if my mentors have other
requirements, I will attend to them too.

Kind regards,
Catalin Usurelu

[0] https://github.com/catalinusurelu/resiprocate
[1] https://github.com/catalinusurelu/reConServer