[Soc-coordination] [GSoC students] Weekly status reports wanted

Nicolas Dandrimont nicolas.dandrimont at crans.org
Sat Jun 22 21:41:02 UTC 2013

[Cc'd you to get your attention, I won't do that in the future if you don't
ask for it explicitly, so please monitor the list for replies ;)]

Hi Paul,

First, a tidbit: please avoid sending html email to the list: it's considered
bad form as it makes the mails bigger for next to no gain. Thanks in advance!

* Pavlos <onexemailx at gmail.com> [2013-06-21 14:34:04 +0200]:

> Hello,
>
> I am paul sarbinowski and I am taking part in the Debian Android app project
> for 2013.
> The goal of the project is described here [1]. I have already created a repo
> in github for it [2] and added a readme file with some possible use cases for
> the app.
> Coding-wise I added some code for the basic ui skeleton of the app and i have
> started to check the bts and pts soap and dde api and how I can communicate
> with it in android.
> I communicated with the -qa list and with Don Armstrong to ask about possibly
> adding a rest api for bts/pts since it makes things much easier/lighter in
> android and I also filled a bug (feature request) for it in debbugs [3].
>
> [1]: http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2013/StudentApplications/PawelSarbinowski
> [2]: https://github.com/uberspot/DebianDroid
> [3]: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=712979

This all looks great, thanks.

I have a few small questions:
 - Do you have some screenshots of the application in its current state? I saw
   some mockups floating around but it'd be great to see and follow "the real
   thing" while it gets built.
 - What are your plans for next week? No need to go into much detail, it's just
   to get a feel of what's to come and whether things are going on schedule or
   not.

Thanks again,
--
Nicolas Dandrimont
Debian GSoC org admin, checking in.

"Absolutely nothing should be concluded from these figures except that
no conclusion can be drawn from them."
(By Joseph L. Brothers, Linux/PowerPC Project)