[Soc-coordination] [debmetrics] Week 1

Paul Tagliamonte paultag at debian.org
Tue Jun 25 03:16:37 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 09:03:51PM +0500, Борис Бобров wrote:
> My name is Boris Bobrov and I will be coding a Debian metrics portal, a
> central place for various metrics, stats etc.

Hi, Boris! Happy to have you with us!

> Draft idea of the portal (which name will be "debmetrics" during the
> development) is described on [0]. Gitweb repository of the project is
> available on [1].
>
> [0] https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2013/StudentApplications/BorisBobrov
> [1] http://git.upsilon.cc/?p=debmetrics.git;a=summary

Great, thanks for the links!

> Not much was done during community bonding period because I still had lections
> in my university. A draft version of DESIGN doc was written, where were
> described:
>  - Types of the metrics (local/remote, simple/general)
>  - A format for interaction between debmetrics and user scripts
>  - A format of how the user can provide the script to the portal
>
> Also, a set of Debian statistics was investigated in order to define usescases
> of "simple metrics". Some of the scripts were adapted for use in debmetrics.
>
> Next week will be spent to:
> 1. Catch up (because of some failed attemps to adapt the scripts a lot of time
> was lost) and finish usecases investingation. More scripts will be adapted for
> use by debmetrics.
> 2. Design the database scheme to store the data
> 3. A script for updating the graphs that will run periodically.

I see you have the following goals for this Sunday:

 o Create the database scheme
 o Build a simple interface for adding metrics
 o Add some simple scripts (from /Statistics) for local data generation and
   data output
 o Simple printing of the collected data

I see you mention some of this, can we expect you to catch up to this
schedule or should it be re-adjusted to properly reflect the timeline?

Thanks so much! Welcome to Debian GSoC!

Cheers,
  Paul

--