[Soc-coordination] GSOC - Enabling free multimedia real-time communications (RTC) with Debian

Jesús Pérez Rubio jesus.perez at quobis.com
Thu May 2 09:40:25 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm interested in co-mentor the Google Summer of Code project "Enabling
free multimedia real-time communications (RTC) with Debian" (
http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2013/Projects#Enabling_free_multimedia_real-time_communications_.28RTC.29_with_Debian
)

First of all I would like to introduce myself and Quobis, the company where
I work, and explain our motivation to participate.

I'm Jesús and I work as VoIP/Security engineer. I'm a Debian lover since I
was about fourteen and actually I'm developing my own VoIP security tool in
my free time. You can find more information about me in my blog and
Linkedin profile:
http://nicerosniunos.blogspot.com.es/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jesusprubio

About Quobis (from http://www.quobis.com/)
"Quobis offers featured products for operators, like application servers
(IdentityCall: call authentication and TalkStorage: secure call recording).
 In addition, we provide consulting services on SIP and WebRTC and advanced
voice systems related to voice network security and interconnection."

Moreover we've published a SIP over websockets Javascript stack wich uses
WebRTC for media. We still do not have packaged any version because the
code was changing a lot, but it's in our roadmap.
http://qoffeesip.quobis.com/

Finally, I would like to say that we have been playing with really a lot
WebRTC stuff in Debian this last year. So I think we could help in the most
of the points described in the activities.

Regards.

--
Jesús Pérez
VoIP Engineer at Quobis