[Soc-coordination] Next steps for mentors?

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.com.au
Sun May 5 16:02:36 UTC 2013

Hi,

This is the first year I volunteer to support Debian's GSoC and OPW
programs, so I don't know all the details about how people like to do things

Now that we have applications, can anybody comment on some of the following:

- is there any policy document (from the Debian admins, not Google)
describing the process for selection of projects and students?

- are there specific criteria that need to be rated or ranked when
reviewing the applications?

- what roles and responsibilities do the prospective mentors take in the
final decision process?  E.g. do the mentors need to inform Debian's SoC
admins of their preferred student, or give a rating to each student, or
something else?

- I understand the requirement for multiple mentors: do they all need to
be registered in Melange?  Some people are not keen to create Google
accounts.  Is it OK to have just one mentor per project in Melange, and
others listed on the Debian wiki?

Regards,

Daniel