[Soc-coordination] Status Report of ZFS on Linux Integration, Week 10

Aron Xu happyaron.xu at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 07:34:17 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

This is the eleventh report of ZFS on Linux Integration GSoC project.
In this week I've tried hard to build a working grub2 package that has
zpool v5000 and feature flag support but the progress is limited. I
think I would need to ask Colin Waston (Debian's grub2 maintainer) for
help on this very item.

Debian has grub2 2.00 packaged, which does not have support for zpool
v5000 and feature flag; upstream has accepted patches for the two
features, but only in the development branch. I tried to pick some
patches from upstream to current Debian package, but it appears to be
too much work to be done so I gave it up. Now I branched upstream's
repo, and trying to adapt Debian stuff and make it generate correct
binary packages.

I've got it build just before my writing this report, with very
intensive changes that aimed to a minimum goal of make it build and
installable on very common system (amd64 + bios). I haven't tried to
work on determining and verifying zfs usability of the package yet.

All the sources and modified patches currently I have are at:
http://people.debian.org/~aron/gsoc2013/week10/

--
Regards,
Aron Xu