[Soc-coordination] Status report, week 11: FedMsg for Debian

Simon Chopin chopin.simon at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 08:56:27 UTC 2013

Hi,

This should be my last report, as I am writing those lines during my
first day back at the University.

Since my last report, I have done the following when not busy running
around town, harassed by adminisrative duties:

  — started studying the code behind dak and wanna-build, which while
  not producing much code, has taken me most of my time,
  — got the GPG crypto backend integrated upstream.
  — wrote a patch to validate the format of a message using the JSON
  Schema specification. This patch is not yet upstreamed, and I think
  I'll try to help them get 0.7 out the doors before I try to merge it
  in.

For the foreseeable future, I will keep working on FedMsg in whatever
free time I can find, because I really feel this will be a tool useful
for Debian. As I said, my immediate plans are to help upstream tackle
the remaining issues holding back the next release. After that, I think
the software has the features needed for most use cases within Debian,
so I'll just try to find my way into the maze that is our infrastructure
to offer some patches to interested maintainers.

NB: I still don't have Internet at home, which is why I haven't answered
any IRC ping just yet.

Cheers,
Simon