[Soc-coordination] On writing a wanna-build alternative: [was: Status Report of MIPS N32/N64 Port, Week 11]

Eleanor Chen chenyueg at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 16:57:35 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 12:26 AM, Sylvestre Ledru <sylvestre at debian.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 09/09/2013 18:08, Eleanor Chen wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Next week I'll work on setting up a custom auto-build environment.
>> I've looked at wanna-build this week and it appears a bit complicated
>> for this stage. So I have discussed with my mentors and decided to
>> write my own.
>>
> It is a very hard job and there are other solutions to consider.
> In the context of this year GSoC of Leo Cavaille, we are working on
> debile to provide such features.
>
> While the installation is not trivial (even if we are working on the
> packaging of the tools), it is providing what you need
> and we are open to collaboration and contribution.
> https://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-debile/
>
> Besides debile, there are other solutions like:
> * http://julien.danjou.info/projects/rebuildd
> * https://launchpad.net/launchpad
>
> Anyway, please don't reinvent the wheel.

I'm not thinking to re-invent a wheel with all or most of the
features, but wanted to have a really lightweight setup to track what
to build in database and trigger the build when a build machine
becomes spare. This will take up to the several things: a reprepro
instance to hold the repository (already have), a table in a mysql DB
to hold various state information, a script to determine which
source's dependency is already satisfied (my mentor helped me on
this), and a small shell script that queries database and trigger
sbuild action whenever the build machine is spare.

Thanks,
Eleanor Chen

--
It is the time you have spent for your rose that makes your rose so important.