[Soc-coordination] On writing a wanna-build alternative: [was: Status Report of MIPS N32/N64 Port, Week 11]

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre at debian.org
Mon Sep 9 16:26:46 UTC 2013

Hello,

On 09/09/2013 18:08, Eleanor Chen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Next week I'll work on setting up a custom auto-build environment.
> I've looked at wanna-build this week and it appears a bit complicated
> for this stage. So I have discussed with my mentors and decided to
> write my own.

It is a very hard job and there are other solutions to consider.
In the context of this year GSoC of Leo Cavaille, we are working on
debile to provide such features.

While the installation is not trivial (even if we are working on the
packaging of the tools), it is providing what you need
and we are open to collaboration and contribution.
https://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-debile/

Besides debile, there are other solutions like:
* http://julien.danjou.info/projects/rebuildd
* https://launchpad.net/launchpad

Anyway, please don't reinvent the wheel.

Sylvestre