[Soc-coordination] Final report - Enabling free multimedia real-time communications (RTC) with Debian

Catalin Usurelu catalin.usurelu5 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 22:47:18 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,

I am happy to submit my final report, marking the end of a productive
and fulfilling summer and not to mention one of the best experiences of
my life.

This week I spent polishing the code for the final part of my project,
implementing a WebSocket cookie based authentication scheme in
reSIProcate, paving the way to new and interesting WebRTC applications.
Basically, I spent the week fixing some bugs , changing things according
to Daniel's feedback, testing the code to make sure everything is Ok and
I also deployed Drupal with the Drucall module and tested it with sipML5
and JsSIP in order to see if, in the future, I can apply the cookie
scheme in a real application.

Summary for what I have done during this summer:
Contributed to the creation of reConServer, a multi-party SIP
conferencing solution and a possible replacement for Mumble. Another
part of my project was based on creating a WebSocket cookie
authentication  scheme for reSIProcate. And of course various bug fixing
and testing for reSIProcate.

Having said that, it was an incredible summer during which I learned a
lot, had the time of my life during DebConf13 (and while I'm not sure
I'll be able to come to Portland next summer, I'll make sure I attend
DenConf15) and met incredible people from the Debian community. I want
to thank everyone who made this possible, especially Daniel and also all
the Debian members I've met during DebConf. I will continue contributing
to Debian in the future, hopefully making even more substantial
contributions and be more helpful to the community.