[Soc-coordination] Status Report for Elektra Configuration Merge

Ian Donnelly ian.s.donnelly at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 19:51:04 UTC 2014

Hi Everybody!

Great news this week, Elektra has just ships a new version, Elektra 0.8.7
was released this week! Among other features, this new version of Elektra
includes code to merge keysets and the kdb merge command! These features
are the product of my Google Summer of Code project! This week I have been
working mainly on blog posts including tutorials for writing new plugins.
This tutorial is multi-part and not all up yet but the following link is
for the introduction to the tutorial and will include links to each part as
they are published:
http://community.libelektra.org/wp/?p=45
Next week I will be working on more tutorials as well as integrating the
merge command into a Debian tool so that conffiles can get auto-merged
during upgrades. I will keep you all posted on the progress as usual.

Sincerely,
Ian S. Donnelly