[Soc-coordination] Status Report. Project AppStream/DEP­11 for the Debian Archive. Week 11

Abhishek Bhattacharjee abhishek.bhattacharjee11 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 11:24:03 UTC 2014

Hi all,
This week the main work was to write the logic for removing the cached
icons and screenshots of binaries that are removed from the db.
To realise this I have made changes to dak/rm.py so that whenever a binary
is removed with a package name.
The related cached data(i.e the icons and screenshots) are also removed.

I have also changed the way the screenshots and icons are stored.
I have done some improvements on the generator as well.
Now, the generator part is almost complete. Some testing is still required,
though !

I have to start with appstream library. Next week I'll keep working on the
generator and side by side will be working on the appstream part.

the repo link: https://github.com/abhi11/tanglu-dak
look at dak/generate_metadata.py
                /rm.py

Thanks,