[Soc-coordination] Status Report for Packaging elementary Software, Week 12

Shnatsel . shnatsel at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 15:43:50 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

During the last week of coding prior to the suggested "pens down" date I
have fully packaged Scratch, the elementary text editor, and Gala, the
Pantheon window manager. They can be found at
http://mentors.debian.net/package/scratch-text-editor and
http://mentors.debian.net/package/gala, respectively. Gala cannot yet be
uploaded to the archive since it depends on libplank-dev which is yet to
pass the NEW queue.

I have also created preliminary packaging for Pantheon Files (the file
manager) following the proper renaming of its libraries upstream (bzr
commits 1563-1566). One of the shared libraries has no public development
headers and lintian yells at me wherever I put it, so it may require
changes to the upstream build system. I've requested further guidance on
the topic from my mentor.
In the meanwhile the preliminary package can be found at
http://uploads.toonlynx.ru/uploads/pantheon-files.tar.gz; I'm not uploading
it to mentors yet since it lacks obvious stuff like descriptions and
copyright information, but all the tricky bits like RPATH should be sorted
out already.

I've also added hardening flags on most applications and
"-fstack-protector-all" on two packages in upstream packaging, following
https://bugs.launchpad.net/elementaryos/+bug/1340488
If it works out in daily builds, I'll probably add them to Debian packages
as well.

Cheers,
--
Sergey "Shnatsel" Davidoff