[Soc-coordination] [GSoC] Status Report: Java Project Dependency Builder

Andrew Schurman arcticwaters at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 17:07:14 UTC 2014

Hey guys,

This week I my mission was to try and build projects with no formal
source control. Sometimes these projects may have uploaded an
additional sources classified artifact with their main artifact in
order to help debug the project. In most cases, simply compiling these
sources would create a binary that looked almost like the original,
but there are a few in which resources may be missing, i.e. xml files,
or generated sources which are not included.

The idea with these projects would be to create a simple project that
would compile these sources while including resources form the
original jar not part of the sources jar. In this case resources would
be non-binary files or images. All of this would be dumped in a git
repo in case you have to deal with generated classes which cannot be
recreated. In this case, some form of user intervention would be
required.

Next week I'm going to be cleaning up and performing some larger scale
tests to make sure all the moving pieces work for the cases I've
implemented.

Until next week!

Cheers,
Andrew