[Soc-coordination] GSoC14 - Getting Muon Ready [Week12]

Floris Stoica-Marcu floris.sm at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 06:13:45 UTC 2014

Hello,

This week comes with the final touch for Muon on Debian: Disabling the
review and rating system for Debian. Also, the newly modified packages are
waiting to be reviewed by my awesome mentor Sune! At the start of this week
I tested the packages both on amd64 and i386 and they worked without a
hitch. One of the goals of my GSoC project was actually getting Muon into
the repos, so I hope to see that ^^

Disabling the rnr system for Debian seemed appropriate since Muon depends
on the Ubuntu rnr server that is in continuous development and wouldn't be
okay if we depended on it with the stable version of the app.

WIth these out of the way, while waiting for the review on the packages
I've started investigating a rather serious bug in QApt. The bug prohibits
authentication to be on for more than 25 seconds. I worked on a workaround
for it, but I hope to present a full fix by next week.

Cheers,
Floris.

--
Stoica-Marcu "FlowRiser" Floris-Andrei