[Soc-coordination] Status Report. Project AppStream/DEP­11 for the Debian Archive. Week 13

Abhishek Bhattacharjee abhishek.bhattacharjee11 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 08:25:42 UTC 2014

Hi all,

In the last week of SoC, I concentrated on ironing out the output , and
validating it.
I was able to validate the YAMLs that the genrator generates.

I also introduced some changes in the generator so that it can handle
localisations,ignores cruft locales(like xx,xTest etc).

I have also made modifications in handling of *descriptions* and
*screenshots* tags.
So that both old and new formats of upstream data are handled.
For eg. it can now handle data like this [0].

I also tested the removal of stale cache and it is working as expected.
I have done testing to make sure the code doesn't break somewhere.
I have also changed the SQLs that are used to fetch data from the dak db,
it has
improved the performance of the generator.

As my work with my mentor will go on, I plan to create a diff patch
of the work and keep it aside for submission to Google.

I have started maintaining a blog[1] and hopefully I'll keep writing
regularly.
I am also looking forward to attending the DebConf from next week :-)

[0]
http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=apper.git&a=blob&h=d5511a08d9a16104a2e0a3f6f5bf56380674da89&hb=14d1ee9c1ffab74722e073f3a25d80250271af4d&f=Apper%2Fapper.appdata.xml

[1]http://abhi11.github.io/

Thanks,