[Soc-coordination] GSoC14 - Getting Muon Ready [Week13]

Floris Stoica-Marcu floris.sm at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 19:13:52 UTC 2014

Hello,

This week brings Muon on the finish line; I changed and tweaked the
packages to not include any ubuntu specific stuff, also made a patch in
that regard. The patch I made changes the way the update-notifier works;
Specifically it now depends on apt-get rather than on update-notifier-kde
(that is dead on Debian). Using this, I feel we have taken the final step
of getting rid of Ubuntu specific stuff and integrating the app nicely into
Debian.

Currently, I am waiting for Sune's review on the latest changes I made to
the package  and continuing to investigate the 25 seconds timeout bug
mentioned in the last weeks report. About this bug, I posted a workaround,
but have yet to find a nice(r) solution. Discussions with Aleix yielded
that we should probably rewrite the transaction daemon, to simplify it (as
in its current form it is awfully complex, having unique daemon names for
each transaction, even though we only run one transaction at a time) and
solve the bug properly.

In the meantime, I am preparing for DebConf14 which I am very excited
about! And I hope to see and meet other GSoC participants and Debian
contributors there ^^

Thanks for reading,
Floris.

--