[Soc-coordination] Weekly Status Report Elektra Configuration Merge

Ian Donnelly ian.s.donnelly at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 18:49:31 UTC 2014

Sorry for the late posting, as you can understand this week was hectic.

Hi Everybody!

Everything is done! This week we finished up all the code and have a
working demo of my Google Summer of Code project. We added two new commands
to the kdb tool, elektra-mount and elektra-umount as well as a new bash
script called elektra-merge. The first two commands are just like kdb mount
and kdb umount but are designed to work in package maintainer scripts.
These scripts do extra checks relevant to maintainer scripts so that
everything works nice and smoothly. I patched samba common to use
elektra-merge to allow for seamless merging to smb.conf during upgrades as
a technical demo of my project. You can read more about that at
community.libelektra.org/wp. All of these changes are available on our
github repo which is available here:
https://github.com/ElektraInitiative/libelektra
In documentation you will see tutorials on how to integrate our new merge
into your packages. I hope you enjoy!

Sincerely,
Ian S. Donnelly