[Soc-coordination] GSoC 2014 - Getting Muon ready Final report

Floris Stoica-Marcu floris.sm at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 14:58:11 UTC 2014

Hello,

I am currently @DebConf14 and it is awesome! It is very nice to see that
everything I learnt during the summer I can apply here in the hack labs
with other DDs. So for my final report I will be talking about what I did
this summer and my plans for the future of this project.

To keep this short:

During this summer I made Muon a part of Debian. It now integrates some
really nice features like apt-listbugs support, popcon rating sorting,
better authentication, localization and internationalization support and
unit tests that actually work. But more than adding features, I also
integrated Appstream into Muon which is expected to be the replacement  for
app-install-data. With the work done by my fellow GSoC student, Abhishek,
we now also have the actual metadata to go with it. So expect in the not so
distant future a drop of app-install-data in favor of Appstream.

Thanks,
Floris.

--
Stoica-Marcu "FlowRiser" Floris-Andrei