[Soc-coordination] Request for Debian to vouch for syslog-ng for GSoC2014

Gergely Nagy algernon at madhouse-project.org
Thu Feb 13 11:28:54 UTC 2014

Hi!

I'm one of the maintainers[1] (both in Debian and upstream) of
syslog-ng[2], and we're applying to Google Summer of Code this year too.
We have applied in the past two years, but did not get accepted on our
own. The kind folks at openSUSE took us under their umbrella, and last
year, we finished two[3] successful[4] projects (sadly, in our first
year, we had to fail the student mid-term). We have high hopes that we
can participate on our own this year, and I'm humbly asking the Debian
GSoC Administrators to vouch for us.

We have some interesting ideas[5] (and that list is going to grow in the
next few days) this year, a number of which were suggested by our users
initially, and turned into GSoC ideas from that.

Thank you, in advance!

 [1]: http://packages.qa.debian.org/s/syslog-ng.html
 [2]: http://syslog-ng.org/
 [3]: https://github.com/balabit/syslog-ng/tree/master/modules/redis