[Soc-coordination] [GSoC 2014] Improve Debian port on mips/mipsel: Progress report

Plamen Aleksandrov plamen at aomeda.com
Fri Jul 4 16:48:35 UTC 2014

This week I have no patches ready because I'm working on several packages at the same time but the compilation on MIPS is too slow so I spend a lot of my time waiting (I use 3 QEMUs to speed up the process).

I tried compiling the package quantlib-swig. I get an error at the same place as the error described in the auto-building log. The system I compile the package on is different from the one used by the auto-building system. Because of that I believe the reason for the problem is that the compilation loops infinitely. I will spend some more time on this package to make sure this is the reason.

I am also trying to fix litecoin (I'm interested in the idea behind bitcoin :). The problem is that in one test does not pass on big endian because uint256() is only designed to work on little endian. I fixed this function but I have to look at some other code to make sure there are no other problems (note that this package does not compile on any big endian system).

I'm working on haskell-src-exts but I'm not able to reproduce the same problem.

I'm working on ghdl. The problem there seems to be related to 32-64-bit compatibility.

Plamen