[Soc-coordination] GSoC 2014 - Getting Muon Ready [Week7] - FlowRiser

Floris Stoica-Marcu floris.sm at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 06:14:59 UTC 2014

Hello all,

This week I've been focusing on integrating appstream via a lib that Sune
created into the ApplicationBackend of Muon. Initial integration is fine
and although appstream is a bit immature as a project; I am sure we can
make it work, so that in the future we might be able to do a complete
switch to appstream.

To do the following weeks:
 *Sorting by kind, project group (KDE, GNOME apps)
 *to be unable to unninstall apps that are compulsory for the current DE
 *figure out a way to bring icons into the appstream integration
 *bring screens and description from appstream rather than from the
rnr-server

I'm really excited about this change,
Floris.

--