[Soc-coordination] Status Report. Project AppStream/DEP­11 for the Debian Archive. Week 9

Abhishek Bhattacharjee abhishek.bhattacharjee11 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 22:08:27 UTC 2014

Hi,
This week I have run tests for saving the screenshots and they are working
as expected.

I have made some changes in config/dak.conf so that icons, screenshots are
stored in a more generalized manner.

I have also written the code to fetch icons for deb packages with broken
icons,
although this part needs a bit more testing.

I have added logging feature for logging of warnings and errors.
The generator part in which the appstream data is parsed and the yaml
equivalent is generated is almost done.

There are some newer fields suggested in the new announcement of appstream
0.7, fields from this can be added later.

Next, step is to start implemenation of appstream lib for DEP-11 data.

links:
[0] https://github.com/abhi11/dak/blob/master/dak/generate_metadata.py
[1] https://github.com/abhi11/dak/blob/master/dak/check_appdata.py
--