[Soc-coordination] Length of time for Debconf talks

Nicolas Dandrimont olasd at debian.org
Thu Jul 24 09:24:22 UTC 2014

* Joseph Bisch <joseph.bisch at gmail.com> [2014-07-23 20:37:12 -0400]:

> How long will each student have for his/her Debconf talk as part of
> "Looking back on a Debian Summer of Code"?

Hi Joseph,

Due to the high number and level of submissions, the DebConf talks team asked
me to have a single GSoC session instead of the four separate talks, which
enabled them to squeeze more talks in.

To compensate, we have been assigned (well, will be assigned really) two talk
slots, which means 1h45 of talk time (accounting for the 15 minute recess at
the end of the session).

So that means that you should aim for a 20 minutes talk, plus 5 minutes for
questions.

There will be time to schedule an ad-hoc talk for followups during the
"designated hacking time", if there's interest. And there's always the hallway
track :)

Cheers and see you at DebConf,
--
Nicolas Dandrimont

BOFH excuse #382:
Someone was smoking in the computer room and set off the halon systems.