[Soc-coordination] Status Report for Debian Continuous Integration, Week 10

Brandon Fairchild csbit32 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 23:59:18 UTC 2014

Status Report for Debian Continuous Integration, Week 10

This week I continued working on the package search.

Generating a JSON file
-----------------------

I worked on generating a JSON file that stores every package and the
suites/architectures a package is available on.

Package information is stored like this:

{ "package": "git",
   "platforms": ["unstable/amd64", "testing/i386", etc.]
}

other packages...

This makes it possible to search for packages on multiple
suites/architectures and made it easier to improve the search
functionality in JavaScript.

Improved package search
------------------------

As with the original package search, it still works to search for just a
package name. However, the improved package search displays a
suite/architecture for each listed item.

Example: Searching for 'git' will show:

git 'Package page'   => Links to the package page
git 'unstable/amd64' => Links to history on unstable/amd64 for git
git 'testing/i386'   => Links to history on testing/i386 for git
git 'any other suite/arch git is available on'

Other packages with git in the name

The improved package search also allows searching for a package along
with a suite/arch. As of now, this only works if the whole package name
is typed out first.

By searching for 'git unstable', all items that contain 'git unstable'
will be shown.

A search for just 'unstable' will bring up items that contain 'unstable'
and will work the same for other suites. Similarly, searching for just
'amd64' will bring up items that contain 'amd64' and will work the same
for other architectures.

Screenshots of the package search can be found on the wiki [0].

Next week I plan to improve the package search so that a package name
doesn't have to be fully typed out when specifying a suite/arch. I will
also fix bugs, clean up the code where needed, and start overall testing
of the web UI (writing tests, etc.).

Regards,
Brandon Fairchild

[0] https://wiki.debian.org/debci/mockups