[Soc-coordination] GSoC14 - Getting Muon Ready [Week10]

Floris Stoica-Marcu floris.sm at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 06:00:30 UTC 2014

Hello,

This has been an awesome week for this project. Since we are actively
trying to integrate and push forward Appstream's development, I am going to
start with what we did with Appstream and Muon this week;

Two weeks ago, I managed to get a basic integration of Appstream into Muon.
Since then lots have changed. Firstly, I have integrated those changes and
also integrated the much important icons. Besides this, I have also
debugged a few issues and I am in the process of finding the source of the
problem (warning messages for possible empty fields in the xapian db).

As always, you can see and get the latest modifications from my appstream
branch on Muon: appstream-apt.

In between discussing Appstream's progress and implementing changes into
Muon. I have also dealt with the check-language-support script (a script
that gives out missing locale packages). Last week I implemented them in
the muon debian package, this week I solved all the quirks and kinks
regarding those scripts.

This script depends on the accountsservice package, that, on debian, is way
behind upstream. I pinged the maintainer (Alessio Treglia) to update it, in
the meantime I also implemented a workaround in the package.

Also this week, managed to get some reviews from the Ubuntu rnr server and
we are in discussions about how to proceed with the rnr server on Debian.

Thank you for reading,
Floris.

--
Stoica-Marcu "FlowRiser" Floris-Andrei