[Soc-coordination] [GSoC 2014] Improve Debian port on mips/mipsel: Progress report week 10

Plamen Aleksandrov plamen at aomeda.com
Sat Jul 26 00:00:44 UTC 2014

This week I worked on several packages. While they didn't build in the Debian build system, I managed to compile most of them without any changes.

For one of the packages I found a thread explaining a possible reason:

> it seams that build of chealpix fails only on Cavium machines.
> Even on Cavium, tests execute successfully but
> it takes a lot of time.
>
> On Broadcom and Loongson boards,
> chealpix builds successfully for me.

So it looks like some packages just take too much time to build on some systems. After browsing the Buildd status page, it appears that this is the reason for failiure for a lot of packages.

The packages that I managed to build but fail to build in the Debian build system are:
chealpix
snappy-player
sdformat
lhasa

I was trying to fix the package pycurl, but somebody else fixed it before me.

I worked on the package haskell-chart. Same as haskell-nettle, it depends on GHCi which is not available for MIPS so it can not be built on MIPS.

Plamen