[Soc-coordination] GSoC2014 - Getting Muon Ready [Week3] (FlowRiser)

Floris Stoica-Marcu floris.sm at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 21:35:21 UTC 2014

Hello,

I am back with the report for  Week3 of GSoC. This week has brought a Muon
package for Debian and lots of improvements in Muon for both Debian and
other distros that use it.

The muon package passed review and is now available on the gsoc-floris-2014
branch of https://alioth.debian.org/anonscm/git/pkg-kde/kde-extras/muon.git
. Next week I am going to put up the qapt package under the guidance of
Sune and Aleix.

With that out of the way, here are the couple of key improvements to Muon
that have been finished in the last week:
 *finished adding the KAuth support with a helper for adding sources;
(pushed to the master branch of muon on projects.kde.org)
 *apt-listbugs support implemented for installing/updating packages (
http://web2unu.ro/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/snapshot1.png)

The plans for next week include:
 *releasing the qapt package
 *better formatting the output of the apt-listbugs integration
 *making some apt unit tests

As always, when I get some more time I am going to write a more detailed
overview of this week on my blog.

Thanks,
Floris.
--