[Soc-coordination] Status Report for Elektra Configuration Merge - Week 3

Ian Donnelly ian.s.donnelly at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 00:28:44 UTC 2014

I posted a new page on my project blog, you cans ee that here:
http://build.libelektra.org/wp/?p=15

A brief version of my week follows. This week I wrote the first
implementation of the merge keyset function. Right now I need to start
writing some tests and change some known bugs in the implementation to make
it more robust. Also I separated the merge implementation from the merge
command and put it in libtools so it can be used in other files.

Next week is very busy. I will focus on writing tests for merge including
automated tests. Additionally I will fix bugs and make sure merge is
working on more advanced keysets as well as imported files. Additionally I
am going to spend time learning about debian packages, I will be working to
fix errors in the new release of Elektra in the debian package. Also I will
have a working prototype of a package using merge during an upgrade in
order to merge its configuration.

-Ian S. Donnelly