[Soc-coordination] Status Report for Elektra Configuration Merge - Week 3

Ian Donnelly ian.s.donnelly at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 01:31:59 UTC 2014

I posted in detail about my week on the elektra community blog:
http://community.libelektra.org/wp/?p=22

A quick synopsis of my week follows:
I spent this week cleaning up the KeySetMerge implementation I wrote last
week. Additionally, I rewrote most of the MergeCommand class that is called
when a user runs kdb merge. It takes in the parent key for each keyset to
be merge and then invokes KeySetMerge. I spent a large amount of time
researching debian packaging and even created my first package,
libelektra-augeas4 which is the augeas plugin for elektra. Additionally I
have been looking into how to call kdb merge on a conffile during a package
upgrade and letting dpkg prompt the user if the merge fails. Also I wrote a
proof of concept bash_completion script for kdb.

Next week I need to have a working prototype of a package upgrade merging a
conffile with the kdb merge command. Additionally, I want to make some
changes to the merge implementation so it can handle more complex keysets.
Additionally, I want to update the man page for the kdb tool on Debian to
make it more informative and fix some lintian errors in the elektra 0.8.6
deb package so we can move closer to release!

Talk to you all next week,
Ian S. Donnelly