[Soc-coordination] Status Report: ListArchive - week 3

Pali Rohár pali.rohar at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 12:24:09 UTC 2014

Hello,

this week I worked on speed of archivation process and fixing
parsing mbox archives. I optimized code for skipping already
archived emails, which means that arching mbox file whose emails
are already in archive, will be processed faster. Next I found
out that perl module Mail::Box::Mbox for parsing mbox archives is
not so fast, consume too much memory and even worse it cannot
parse debian-devel mboxes correctly from 199* years. Due to
different mbox formats which are widely used, I need to be able
to parse any mbox format. I found another (now third) perl mbox
parser (Email::Folder::Mbox) and I started playing with it. Now
it looks like this module finally could parse debian-devel
archives, so I will use it.

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar at gmail.com