[Soc-coordination] Status Report for Packaging elementary Software, Week 3

Shnatsel . shnatsel at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 12:32:17 UTC 2014

Status Report for Packaging elementary Software, Week 3

This week I made an upstreamn release of Maya, elementary's calendar
application, and packaged it for Debian. The package is lintian-clean and
is currently on mentors.debian.org, awaiting my mentor's review.

I also did some minor fixes to packaging of Plank (elementary's dock of
choice) and uploaded it to Debian. I'm co-maintaining this package with its
upstream author, Rico Tzschichholz. The package has passed my mentor's
review and is currently in the NEW queue.

In addition, Pantheon Terminal that was not uploaded last week because of
upstream issues was uploaded this week and is now in the NEW queue.

I've also written an automated script to file ITPs for me and ran it on
most notable elementary software. Since elementary uses Debian-like
packaging upstream, I could automate ITP text generation completely;
howerver, the script presents the user with the generated text in an editor
and prompts whether the result should be submitted, just to double-check
the output. This script may be of interest other maintainers who are going
to upload a large number of packages.

Regards,
--
Sergey "Shnatsel" Davidoff