[Soc-coordination] debmetrics week 3 status update

Joseph Bisch joseph.bisch at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 14:16:42 UTC 2014

Hello all,

This week I added automatic time series plotting. I created a crontab
file to run pull_runner and graph_runner. I implemented python-crontab
to parse the freq key in the manifests. I provided a python api for
graphing. I moved graph scripts and pull scripts to their own
directories. I added to the config file format. Now you can configure
the graphs, graph scripts and pull scripts directories in addition to
the manifest directory. I modified the releases and releases_count
website pages so that they display graphs instead of a placeholder. I
implemented the changes suggested by Piotr (one of my mentors). I
started implementing
ircbots metrics.

Unrelated to my GSoC project, I spent some time working on packaging
Armory (a secure Bitcoin wallet). I did so to have some packaging
experience before I package debmetrics and because I would like to see
Armory in Debian. I got some feedback from Stuart (one of my GSoC
mentors) and worked on implementing those changes he suggested.

Next week I plan to continue to integrate the ircbots metrics. I ran
into a little issue with the timestamp format, which might need to be
changed. It is easy, I just ran out of time last week. I will add a
website page for ircbots. I will add a graph_type key to the manifest
and display the graph on the website based on the graph_type key. I
plan to also add a "table" type of graph where the data is listed in a
table. That would be appropriate for metrics such as releases, which
is just the name, number, and release date of versions of Debian.

Joseph