[Soc-coordination] Status Report of Improve Debian Port on Mipsel, Week 4

Xilin Sun s.sn.giraffe at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 02:05:08 UTC 2014

Hi,

In this week, I continued working on fixing packages which fail to
build from source on Debian port on Mipsel.

Two of the packages that ftbfs on mipsel auto building machine are
xiphos and bibletime. Part of the building log for xiphos is:

[ 44/130] cxx: src/main/configs.cc -> build/default/src/main/configs_1.o
In file included from ../src/backend/module_manager.cc:40:0:
../src/backend/module_manager.hh:30:22: fatal error: ftptrans.h: No
such file or directory
#include <ftptrans.h>
^
compilation terminated.

Similarly, part of the building log for package bibletime is:

Building CXX object
CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec3435427580.dir/sword_linker_check.cpp.o

/usr/bin/c++ -I/usr/include/sword -o
CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec3435427580.dir/sword_linker_check.cpp.o -c
/home/xilin/bibletime/bibletime-2.9.2/cmake/sword_linker_check.cpp

/home/xilin/bibletime/bibletime-2.9.2/cmake/sword_linker_check.cpp:18:22:
fatal error: ftptrans.h: No such file or directory

#include <ftptrans.h>
^

compilation terminated.

We can see that the reason for both packages to fail to build is lack
of file ftptrans.h. This file belonged to older versions of libsword,
but is no longer available in libsword 1.7. To fix such bug,
modification to the upstream source has to be done. New releases of
both packages are built against libsword 1.7, so the solution would be
build new packages using source code of new versions. I am currently
working on both of them. It is also be possible to build patches for
old versions.

Another package which appears in the ftbfs list is etsf-io. This
package builds successfully on my system.

In the coming week I will continue working on building packages which
ftbfs on Debian port on Mipsel.

Regards,
Xilin