[Soc-coordination] Status Report of Improve Debian Port on Mips64el, Week 4

Sphinx Jiang yishanj13 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 09:21:23 UTC 2014

Sorry for the late report. This week I met some  failure with the packages.

I planed to  build trafficserver perfectly(remove the without check
option), but now it still could not perform on mips64el while good with
i386 and amd64. My mentor helped tested with mips3 to find out if it is
caused by mips64r2. It turned out not, and we assumed it maybe loongson's
kernel could not support AIO well. This task has to suspend until the new
kernel come out.

#715038 eglibc
In the first patch I add mips64(el) mipsn32(el) support to eglibc. And
support multilib.
Then the maintainer suggested to change the multilib support by moving the
mipso32 lib from /lib to avoid more maintaining job. After discussed with
my mentor, I took his advice of "multi-C", use /libo32 instead.
In the second patch I removed the multilib support with multi-C.

Android-tools
This package met some compiling failure with C. The error log is here.
android-tools-4.2.2+git20130529/extras/ext4_utils/ext4_utils.h:83:15:
error: conflicting types for ‘u64’
 #define __u64 u64
               ^
android-tools-4.2.2+git20130529/extras/ext4_utils/ext4_utils.h:94:28: note:
previous declaration of ‘u64’ was here
 typedef unsigned long long u64;
                            ^
It seems typical error with head file recursively reference, but after the
change of reference order, the same error appeared in another irrelevant
file. Use gcc -I with the macro expansion file, the error changed to the
definition with __u64, I guessed this could be the recognition failure with
u64 and __u64. But did not find a solution yet. My mentor also tested it,
in his opinion we need more try on this situation.

Next week I will fulfill the stuck packages and start to focus on ghc,
which may need cross to bootstrap.

Thank you.
Sphinx