[Soc-coordination] Fifth report: Provide some metrics in Debile

Clément Schreiner clement at mux.me
Fri Jun 20 22:45:15 UTC 2014

Hi,

this is the fifth weekly report on my Summer of Code project 'Provide
some metrics in Debile'[1].

(Previous report:
[http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/soc-coordination/2014-June/002108.html])

scan-build/clanganalyzer
------------------------

Although the clanganalyzer was running correctly, its results did not
appear on debile-web. Indeed, the firehose wrapper[2] was not used at
all. I fixed that, and we now have firehose reports for clanganalyzer
builds on debile.d.n[3].

However, those are not very useful, especially because firewoes[4], the web
interface for firehose reports, is not yet used by debile-web.

Thus I have modified debile-slave jobs' API to allow uploading files in
addition to the dud (.changes-like files used internally by debile), log
and firehose files, and then made the clanganalyzer plugin upload clanganalyzer's
beautiful HTML reports:
[http://ursae.inria.fr/debile/files/default/openssl_1.0.1h-3/clanganalyzer_source/453/index.html]

debile-incoming performance
---------------------------

As I previously explained, debile-incoming is really slow (and RAM
consuming) when processing large firehose files. I have started looking
into that: I will try using raw SQL instead of the orm in the 'uniquify'
function in firewoes.lib.hash[5].

In the meantime, I found a workaround. Using flock, a nice tool in
util-linux, I make sure that debile-incoming is run only once:
  flock -n /srv/debile/debile-incoming.lock debile-incoming .

At least the server won't be unreachable because the swap is full again.

rebuilding the debian archive, and building NEW packages

In order to be able to rebuild existing and NEW packages, I have
packaged ricky[6] and loofah[7]. Sylvestre sponsored me, and they are
waiting in NEW[8][9]. fred[10] will soon follow.

firewoes integration
--------------------

I have setup an instance of firewoes on my debile-development VM, and
can confirm that it works fine with debile's database[11].

My next task will be to integrate firewoes to debile. I'll discuss that
with Sylvestre and the Tanglu[12] people, since they are using debile in
production and we don't want to break anything, as well as Matthieu
Caneill and Stefano Zacchiroli (firewoes developers) if needed.

Thanks for reading,

-------
Clément

[1]