[Soc-coordination] Week 4: New Release Work

Ian Donnelly ian.s.donnelly at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 22:52:57 UTC 2014

Hi All,
Like always, I go into much better detail on my project blog:
http://community.libelektra.org/wp/?p=25

But here is a brief synopsis,
I spent most of the week working to package the latest release for Debian.
I fixed some lintian errors and hhave been working on creating two new
packages, libelektra-python4 and libelektra-lua4 which use SWIG to bind the
Elektra API to Python and Lua. I greatly improved the MergeTools library
and the kdb merge command. The merge command specifically is now working
very well, its just missing options for the command. Additionally, I added
operator overloads for == and != to the KeySet.hpp class now. Also, it has
become clear that the best way to continue with my GSoC project will
require patching dpkg to attempt a merge on conffiles before prompting the
user of how to deal with conflicts. I will be looking more into that next
week.

Until Then,
Ian S. Donnelly