[Soc-coordination] GSoC2015 - Getting Muon ready [Week6] - FlowRiser

Floris Stoica-Marcu floris.sm at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 21:04:10 UTC 2014

Hello,

This week has been a blast. A couple "under the hood" improvements have
been done to ensure a great experience on Debian. The first thing that I
did this week was to fix up the unit apt-tests that were stopping the build
on Debian. Besides fixing them, I also added some offline test ratings
files because at build time network is unavailable.

This way we should get a much more cleaner package (no disabling tests
anymore) and better builds. The next round of improvements was implementing
popcon rating as a default for non-Ubuntu distros. Although the rating
formulas could use some more tweaking, I think it is pretty spot on and
integrates quite nicely into the present rating system.

Overall, the last 6 weeks brought a great deal of things that benefit both
upstream and Debian. I feel like I've come a long way and so is Muon. The
packages of QApt and Muon are both ready; Muon now has improved
authentication features that use KAuth, it has integrated apt-listbugs
support and with this week it feels closer than ever to Debian.

I would like to thank my awesome mentors: Sune and Aleix that helped me and
continue to guide me throughout the process; The plans for the following
weeks will be discussed more thoroughly Tuesday.

Thank you!
--
Stoica-Marcu "FlowRiser" Floris-Andrei
floris.sm at gmail,com