[Soc-coordination] debmetrics week 6 status update

Joseph Bisch joseph.bisch at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 23:08:28 UTC 2014

Hello,

This week I changed the tables to use HTML instead of matplotlib. This
helped with the readability and accessibility of the tables. I
generalized the flask code. I was able to make a route that accepts
anything after the slash as a variable. Then I make sure the variable
contains a valid metric otherwise I return 404. I also made a single
template called metric.html that is used for all metrics. I deployed
the code with manifest and script directories in a different location
from the code. I put the directories in my home directory. I did not
run into any problems except for the makefile. The makefile was
hardcoded to use the same directory as the code, so I changed it to
use the directory as specified in the config file. I also made various
changes to the HTML, CSS, and JS. I added two JQuery plugins. One
makes the table headers "sticky" so that they continue to display at
the top of the table even as you scroll down the table. The other
plugin allows the user to sort a column ascending or descending with a
little up and a little down arrow in the header of the column. I need
to look at the documentation for it, because by default it does not
support sorting of the date format I am using. The rest of the columns
sort as expected. Finally I emailed with my mentors to discuss how
push metrics will work.

For next week, I plan to mostly work on the push metric code. I may
work on the web interface a little too, but I was planning on
finishing up the web interface after the push metric code is done.

Joseph