[Soc-coordination] Status Report for Packaging elementary Software, Week 6

Shnatsel . shnatsel at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 15:17:01 UTC 2014

Status Report for Packaging elementary Software, Week 6

This week I have completed packaging for Noise that was previously blocked
by a bug in sqlheavy package. It is available from
http://mentors.debian.net/package/noise for now.

libunity has passed my mentor's review this week and is now in the NEW
queue. It provides dock integration API for applications and a number of
other shell integration APIs compatible with those of Ubuntu Unity. If it
passes the FTP Masters' review, packaging applications that originally
targeted Ubuntu for Debian should be greatly simplified since shell
integration will no longer have to be patched out or switched off in the
build system.

Also I forgot to mention that contractor and cerbere packages have passed
FTP Masters' review last week and are now available from Debian
experimental repositories.

This concludes the list of elementary software with stable releases in
Freya series. Until more applications are released I will either update
dependency libraries (such as dee, of which Debian has a rather old
version) or package bzr snapshots of elementary software.

Regards,
--
Sergey "Shnatsel" Davidoff