[Soc-coordination] GSoC 2014: mhonarc replacement for lists.debian.org

Pali Rohár pali.rohar at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 10:24:19 UTC 2014

Hello,

I already wrote that I'm interesting in project for archiving and
formatting emails from mailinglists. I asked confirmed mentor formorer
for this project [1] and he wrote me that he would happy to accept
this application.

But there is one important thing about it. For my bachelor thesis I
have already started doing something similar/same. So I need to know
if I can to participate with this project [1] for GSoC 2014 and reuse
my bachelor project code or continue working on it for GSoC. In my
opinion according to this Google GSoC FAQ [2] it is allowed. But is it
OK for Debian as mentoring organization? Or are there any other
problems?

[1] - https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2014/ProjectProposals/ListArchive
[2] - https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2014/help_page#7._Can_students_already_working_on_an

--