[Soc-coordination] Mentoring: what next?

Nicolas Dandrimont olasd at debian.org
Sat Mar 8 17:45:03 UTC 2014

* beuc at debian.org <beuc at debian.org> [2014-03-08 18:31:45 +0100]:

> Hi,
>
> I submitted a project proposal [1] in the wiki a while ago but I
> haven't seen any news.
>
> Apparently we were selected as a mentoring organization, but the wiki
> is out of date and I don't know if there's anything I should do to
> promote the proposal, etc..

Yes, we've been selected, and the wiki was mostly up to date (save for the only
sentence you read, apparently :P).

Your next step is to register as a mentor on the google-melange platform.

If you want to promote your project, blog about it, send it to an upstream ML,
get in touch with students that you might know, and lurk on this mailing list
for potential student questions. The official blog post is at
http://bits.debian.org/2014/02/call-for-students-gsoc-2014.html

The formal student application period opens on Monday, for two weeks (until
Friday March 21st).  We want students to submit their application on our wiki.
If you get enquiries by students, please point them to the instructions there.
https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2014#Ideas_list_.2F_Participating_.2F_Applying

I'll clean up the wiki from the projects that failed to find a mentor tomorrow,
to prepare for the incoming flood of applications. Don't hesitate to ask if
there is any info on the wiki that looks outdated.

Thanks,
--
Nicolas Dandrimont

BOFH excuse #208:
Your mail is being routed through Germany ... and they're censoring us.