[Soc-coordination] [GSoC Students] Time to make sure your application is submitted to melange!

Nicolas Dandrimont olasd at debian.org
Thu Mar 20 17:11:25 UTC 2014

[Students with a wiki proposal, without a melange application (that I could find)
Bcc'd]

Hi all,

Just a friendly reminder that the application period for students in this
year's GSoC closes tomorrow Friday March 21st at 19:00 UTC (that is, a little
less than 26 hours from the time I'm sending that mail).

Your application CANNOT be considered if you haven't submitted it to melange by
this deadline. Please refer to the GSoC FAQ[1] for instructions on how to
submit your proposal to Melange. You should then make sure that the Debian
Student Applications page[2] links to your wiki page, and to your melange
proposal.

Go submit that proposal already!

When you're done with melange, now is as good a time as any to review your
proposal, get rid of the cruft you left over from the template, add more detail
to your proposal, timeline, and expected deliverables, so that we can evaluate
your plan of attack for your project.

If you have any issues with melange, you should probably drop by on IRC to get
some live help, either on #debian-gsoc on irc.debian.org (that's us) or on
#gsoc on chat.freenode.net (that's the GSoC folks).

Thanks,

[1] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2014/help_page#4._How_does_a_student_apply
[2] https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2014/StudentApplications
--