[Soc-coordination] Status report. Project import/export for Alioth, week 2

Dionysis Fryganas dfryganas at gmail.com
Fri May 30 18:47:39 UTC 2014

Hello,

That is my progress report of week 2 on the FusionForge import/export
plugin for Alioth.

- This week I started by researching the available formats that are offered
by the different platfomrs. I have written a summary on the findings on the
plugins' wiki page [0].

- I have also discussed on the mailing list, the web-interface features
that should be available from the plugin and how they should be integrated
to the UI. [1]
I have also written a section about the decission of the discussion in the
wiki page[2].

- Created a branch in the main repository under the name 'import_export'
where I will publish the progress on the project. Furthermore, I
implemented the plugins view about the import of data from other platforms.

- Earlier today I also discussed about the possibility of using
forgeplucker [3] for the task of import - export in contrast to PHP
(forgeplucker is written in Python), because of performace concerns, that
PHP may introduce. By using an external tool it would be possibly easier
for users to work with. This is still to be decided I believe.

For next week, I have already forked the repository of forgeplucker[4] and
I will look into the source code that other developers of FusionForge had
also contributed, in case we decide that by extending functionality of that
tool fits better the goal of the project.
Apart from that I will try to communicate, with the help of my mentor, with
the developer of forgelpucker to check whether there is a possibility of
maintaining the tool in the future.

Also, I will work on finishing the plug-in's UI, currently it only shows
the different views and links, no functionality is implemented. That is, to
implement all the feature in the UI that are mentioned in the wiki[2].

If there is still time, I will discuss the mechanism and format to start
implemented and start building according to the decisions tha will be taken.