[Soc-coordination] Status report - Getting Muon Ready, week 2 (FlowRiser)

Floris Stoica-Marcu floris.sm at gmail.com
Fri May 30 19:23:15 UTC 2014

Hello,

This was an awesome week! I learned allot about debian packaging, policykit
and KAuth.

This week, i focused on packaging and eliminating the kde-sudo use. You can
find the policykit commit on the gsoc-floris-2014 branch of muon. I did an
almost complete replace of kdesudo with pkexec using custom scripts and
policy files. This change improves security and also helps remove one build
dependency.

As Aleix suggested, I started work on making an add-repository helper that
uses Kauth, which would facilitate our plans for eliminating any backend
specific stuff. I.E. currently repositories are added using apt.

I packaged both Muon and QApt for Debian and as soon as Sune reviews them
I'll give you all a link.

So, this week i did:
  *packaged qapt_2.2.0 and muon_2.2.65
  *adding/removing repos using polkit
  *fixed viewing sources
  *eliminated kde-sudo use
  *started making a repo-helper

Plans for the coming week:
  *finish the repo-helper
  *start work on integrating aptlist-bugs, maybe even an unit test

Thank you,
Floris.
--
Stoica-Marcu Floris-Andrei