[Soc-coordination] week 2 report

Juliana Leal juliana.m.louback at gmail.com
Sat May 31 02:24:12 UTC 2014

Status report - WebRTC portal for the Debian community

Week 2

To start, I remade a pull request for last week's development (adding
agnostic internationalization functionality) so the pull requests would be
specific to each added feature.

As suggested by my mentor, I got to work on some of the issues noted on the
jscommunicator github page.

I worked on issue 7, 15 and 11. These being disable rather than hide the
phone when websocket link disconnects, adding dtmf buttons to the dial pad,
and adding a captcha to prevent spam calls (respectively). This last
feature is still being tested, I intend to make a pull request tomorrow
morning.

I structured the html components and added some css to organize the GUI,
maintaining the 'clean' and minimalist appearance so as to not stand in the
way of customization.

I began setting up the environment to develop an XMPP client for IM service
using openfire + BOSH. I've started putting together a JS based client (as
jscommunicator is in JS), but after discussing my plans with my mentor  I
put the XMPP client on the back burner and took to handling the issue list
first.

The series of strikes in Brazil over the past few weeks delayed my school
schedule; as a result I still had 3 days of class/finals/project
presentations this week. I have one more project presentation on Monday and
my thesis defense on Wednesday. After the 4th of June, I expect my
production levels to increase significantly.

Have a great weekend,
Juliana Louback